Thursday, October 29, 2009

How can you derive an optimum distribution mix for your B2B marketing dollars? - Part 2

Optimum Mix – Achieving the Demand Generation Mojo

My first task at the start of Quarter 2 soon as my webinars have ended & I have the analyst endorsed content piece would be to create a ‘content map’. This map would comprise pieces of audio, video & static content taken from the webinars & analyst pieces.

While my team was handling the logistics of Q1 activity, I was researching & thanking John Kotter for ‘A Sense of Urgency’ & basically getting on with it. And what was I researching - how should I distribute my content?

This is key to the magic unfolding over the next 6 months wherein I intend to bombard my Sales folks with leads enough to last forever. Content distribution planning also enables me to show to my bosses up there that I have been able to achieve the stars without denting the dollars & gives me the leverage to demand for & get these dollars when I would need those most – at the start of Q4. Here’s how a part of my content distribution plan could look like:

First:
  • Content: Webinar-1- 4 minute video extract
  • Target: Mid rung decision enablers
  • Objective: Lead Generation to engage for reaching higher rung
  • Channel: Website, Paid Search, SEO with specific landing page optimization
  • Geography: As applicable
  • Time: 3 Months
Second:
  • Content: Webinar-2-5 minute audio & video extracts
  • Target: C, V level decision makers
  • Objective: Lead Generation, thought leadership branding
  • Channel: Website, Social Media for audio, video & 3rd party blogs with specific search optimization & linking
  • Geography: As applicable
  • Time: 3 Months
Third:
  • Content: Analyst White Paper
  • Target: Mid rung decision enablers
  • Objective: Lead Generation to engage for reaching higher rung
  • Channel: Website, Paid Search
  • Geography: As applicable
  • Time: 1 month for paid, 3 months for organic
Fourth:
  • Content: Press Releases
  • Target: All rungs
  • Objective: Lead Generation, spreading awareness & branding
  • Channel: Online premium wires
  • Geography: As applicable
  • Time: 15 days
If you are reading this piece, then I shall talk about why this kind of a content map will give
me what I need. But, that’s for next time!

by Abhiraj Banerjee (abhiraj.banerjee@edynamic.net)


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. loved the way you explained things. Much better many here
    bba

    ReplyDelete